Summer is here and this is a time of year when many people take on home improvement projects. Whether you are ready to sell your home soon, have recently put your house on the market or just want to make sure you are making good investment decisions regarding your home, we’ve got a few professional tips to add the most value to your home and get the most bang for your improvement buck!
1. Fresh Paint, Fresh Look
One of the simplest and most cost-effective things you can do to increase home value is slapping on some fresh paint on your walls. Sticking to neutral paint colors is also advisable, as it looks crisp, clean, and allows the buyers to see the space as a blank canvas for their own vision.
2. Landscaping and Outdoor Living Space: More Green = More Green
Potential buyers aren’t just in the market for what’s under the roof. Making sure that your house has substantial curb appeal is just as important. Here are a few, easy ways to beef up your landscaping to increase home value:
- Plant Shade Trees – If you aren’t planning on selling your house now but are thinking about doing so down the line, consider planting shade trees. Fully grown shade trees can cut a house’s cooling costs by as much as 40%! Not only are you saving some green in your wallet, you’re also saving wildlife by providing birds and other critters a “home” of their own!
- Include Colorful Flowers – Adding pops of color to your yard could also make dollar signs pop up in your home’s value. Some colorful, easy-to-maintain, and inexpensive plants you can use are marigolds, pansies, snapdragons, and alyssum.
- Think Local – Planting local and drought tolerant flora are also ideal because they require less water and maintenance.
- Outdoor Living Space – If you’re willing to go the extra mile, add some unique features to your backyard, including an outdoor area for socializing. Consider adding a natural stone outdoor fireplace/sitting area like the one pictured here. Including this exterior addition can go a long way in property value. Table Rock would be happy to help!
3. Kitchen Remodel = Kitch-ing!
As the saying goes, the home is where the heart is. And, in a home, the kitchen is the heart. It can also be considered as a glowing gold mine. Kitchens are worth the most per square footage compared to any other room in your house. Nowadays, it is common to find many homes with outdated kitchens, mostly because the cost to break down those cheap laminate doors could also break your bank. However, you will find that it will also increase home value. Make the following updates, if you haven’t already done so:
- Upgrade Kitchen Appliances – If your kitchen appliances are 3-5 years old or older, it’s time for an upgrade. Buyers are crazy for stainless steel or professional series lines because of the sleek, “designer” look it exudes.
- Replace Cabinetry with Wood – Avoid using cheap laminate cabinets and replace your cabinets with durable wooden ones. Set yourself apart from competitors by including some unique details, such as custom woodworking or a wine rack. If you’re working on a tight budget, you may also consider re-facing your existing cabinets and simply installing newer, modern hardware.
- Install New Countertops – Most outdated kitchens are still using cheap, old field tile. Install granite or marble countertops to add opulence and depth to your kitchen. It is the first thing that buyers will notice and look for in a contemporary home. And, if you want to make even more of a statement, consider putting in a backsplash.
4. Master Bathroom or 5-Star Spa?
Hardworking homeowners need as much relaxation at the end of the day as possible. What buyers are now in search for is a spa-like retreat right in their own home. Here’s how you can achieve this:
- Upgrade Outdated Tile with Glass or Natural Stone Tile – Upgrade those hideous salmon pink ‘70s tile and rotting linoleum with top of the line stone and/or glass tiles to create a luxurious spa look and feel.
- Add a Tile Medallion – The addition of a tile medallion could also bring a unique touch to the space.
- Old Bathroom Fixtures Must Go – Rid your bathroom of rusting fixtures and replace them with contemporary pieces, such as a rain shower-head, which have become a popular choice in newly renovated bathrooms.
- Go Bigger and Deeper with Soaking Tubs – If you can, invest in a large, deep soaking tub with jets. This machine will wash your financial woes away once your house’s “SOLD” sign goes up.
Now that you’ve been equipped with the proper tools to increase home value, get your garden gloves and hardhat on, and begin the process now! Give us a call and ask about our custom natural stone. We offer the best quality and service in the area with FREE Estimates. What do you have to lose?
Table Rock Company
Table Rock Stone Company was born out of a desire to meet the demands of a discerning eye in today’s stone marketplace. Our customers have come to expect luxurious appeal and timeless quality while being fully sustainable and environmentally responsible. We have a passion for our product and it shows in our attention to detail. If you have any questions about natural stone or would like to find a natural stone supplier near you, contact us by clicking HERE.
If you have any questions about the natural stone and fireplace products we offer, contact us. You can discuss this with one of our Table Rock professionals, contact us by calling (402) 408-1830 in Omaha or (402) 499-2634 in Lincoln. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving you!